The Streets of Rage Remake project has running for a number of years now and prompted by a car boot pickup this morning of three classic Megadrive games (inc Streets of Rage II) I’m in the mood for some more button-bashing fisticuff action and so I thought I’d look in on the project since my last visit last year.
I’m sure you’re already heard of the SORR project but if you haven’t, it’s a fan based remake of the Streets of Rage video game series for Windows PC and Soooooo much more . Just look at all features –
– 93 stages in story mode
– 5 stages in extra modes
– 5 stages in the Prototype mod (separate download)
19 PLAYABLE CHARACTERS
– SOR1 characters remastered with new moves
– SOR2 characters with new moves
– SOR3 characters with new moves
– New playable characters
– All enemies from SOR1 remastered.
– All enemies SOR2 (RGB color correction).
– All enemies SOR3 (RGB color correction).
– New enemies based on the Game Gear versions and even the cover the game!
– 76 in V5.
– 7 in the Prototype mod.
– Profile Editor
– Color Editor
– Name Editor
– Cutscene Viewer
– Profile Viewer (and commands)
– Image Gallery
– 16 cheats
– Battle Mode
– Survival Mode
– Boss Rush mode
– Events Mode (16 events)
– Volleyball Mode
– Allied cpu mode
– And more than 30 customizable options
I can’t wait to complete the game to unlock some of the bonus content…namely the name editor 😉
I’m currently working on a PC CD case based on various images from around the net. Here’s my mock up so far.